Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4th of July.

Ok. Ok. I know I'm awful at keeping this thing updated, but I'm going to try to do better. We had a fun day on the fourth. We got up and rode our bikes to the parade with Nanny and Pappy. The kids loved getting the candy and they sure got a stash!

After the parade, we headed up to Ashton to catch the end of James and Meieli's performance. They are so awesome and such good musicians. Then we hung out at their house afterwards for a while.

In the afternoon we took naps so the kids would be able to stay awake during the fireworks. We made homemade rootbeer and bought sparklers.

Later that night, Grandma and Grandpa and Trever (with his $100 worth of fireworks that he bought himself) and Dave, Alissa and kids, and Nanny and Pappi and Matt and Kalyn all came over for rootbeer floats and Trever's fireworks. The neighbors also had their fireworks going on. It was quite a show. I just love living near family and really hope we'll get to stay here!!!!

Side Note: My pictures are all in the reverse chronological order and there are a million of them. I am obviously not a whiz at this blogging thing! Will someone PLEASE show me how to do a slide show so I don't have a hundred pictures on one page like this???
Claire snuggled up with Pappy.
Trever's awesome stash of fireworks.

Cousins!!
The man himself. He was so excited. Trev, you make everything more fun.
My fam.


Dave and Alissa.

Making and tasting homemade rootbeer.......YUM. Good stuff.
Mosquito spray anyone????
Handsomeness


The Allen Clan.My orange children in the slide at Ashton Park.

Christian loves Grandpa!!!!
Grandma and Grandpa Jones were there too!
Cute dimple girl!!!

Brads.
The big stars of the city of Ashton!!! You go, guys!
Yes, this is the transformers car. It was in the parade in Rexburg so Nate had to get a shot.
Nanny agressively going after the chocoate milk at the parade. That was quite a sight to see. Hilarious!!


We had a great spot in the shade so we were able to enjoy the entire parade without getting hot. Thanks to Nate for going early for us!
True to Bruddy's style, it all goes in at once whether it fits or not! :)

Man, that's one good looking hubby of mine! I've decided that he just gets more and more handsome as he gets older.



Pappy helping Bruddy play drums like the people in the parade.
Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't even realize you had posted! I love your family, all of them. You guys are cool. And YOU get more and more beautiful as the years go on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Man, I miss your kids. They are so full of life and just the best! I want to kiss their little cheekers. Hope you have enjoyed your awesome garden this summer--i want a garden sooo bad. I finally got one tomatoe and now my plant is dying. The poop story had me in stitches! I am still smiling. I bet it wasn't so fun for you though. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Followers