Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines Day


For Valentine's Day this year, we got to have Trever with us so Mom and Dad Allen could go on a date. It was the best. This would've been the sweetest picture with both kids holding Trever's hand (and still is pretty sweet) except for our little Devil's Advocate there in the front. Typical.

I made a darn good dinner, if I do say so myself. It was pork chops, twice-baked potatoes, asparagus, rolls, and strawberry jello with strawberries in it. Plus we had cherry 7up and for dessert chocolate rice krispie treats and pink cupcakes with heart candies. Yum.


This is Nate right when he got home from work before we ate. We were all sitting at the table just waiting for him so we could scarf the food!


My little setup....this is as fancy as I get, people. We cut the paper towels into hearts; everyone had a name tag with a box of treats and a valentine with a strawberry on the cup. The kids loved it and thought I was crazy to put strawberries on their cups.

Not a bad picture considering my three-year-old took it. That's right: we've got some photographers in training over here. I've been teaching the kids how to use my camera, including putting the little focus box right on someone's face and pressing the button half way down before you push it all the way. They're doing great.

It was a great Valentines Day. Christian literally cried when it was over. The kid loves holidays!!!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Good for you for making a V-Day dinner...I was too wasted so we went out to eat :) I'm glad you are blogging again. Keep it up! Olivia is so cute!! I haven't seen a pic of her since she was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It has been so fun to read! That picture with Trev is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I was excited to see a couple posts from you. What a cute valentines day and what adorable kids! Oooooo i just want to kiss them! Also, you are so beautiful lisy. I love your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Followers